Growing your list
Make it easy to sign up
Don’t ask for too much information. There’s no need to ask for three different telephone numbers and a full postal address just to sign up for an email alert. Just an email address is fine at this stage. Asking for too much information is off putting and it’s better to have that person as an email contact than not at all.
Incentivise sign ups
Always give people a reason to sign up to your mailing list. No one wants another email in their inbox that doesn’t provide value. Some ideas for incentives include…
- Email new listings before they have chance to visit online property sites
- Download an in depth guide (with an option to sign up to emails if they want to)
Always make sure you’re compliant with the latest regulations such as GDPR. When offering incentives, make it clear that they can also opt into the email if they want to, don’t sign people up without consent.
Improve email marketing results
Segment your audience
Don’t send one email to your whole list, send them what they’re interested in. You can easily segment your audience by having different sign up forms for each audience. For example, you might have:
- Get a valuation – for sellers and landlords
- Sign up to get new property alerts first – for buyers and renters. This audience can be further segmented by the particular areas and house types they’re interested in.
Customise your subject line
Finally, don’t just use the subject line “Property Newsletter” or similar, customise the content to the audience. You need to entice people to open. For example, if you’re emailing prospective buyers then something like “New properties in [Area they’re interested in] is likely to perform much better and get get higher open rates.
Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective ways of reaching out to existing and potential customers. If you don’t have the time or resource to do it yourself, we can help.
More marketing tips for Estate Agents
- Marketing for Estate Agents – Get ahead with clever content marketing
- Marketing for Estate Agents – Should you be using Google AdWords?
- Marketing for Estate Agents – Make the most of Facebook advertising
- Marketing for Estate Agents – How to use local SEO to stay ahead
- Marketing for Estate Agents – How to use analytics to your advantage
- Get more sellers by improving your estate agency website