As a local estate agent, you have something national chains don’t have – local knowledge. When it comes to helping people find you in search engines, that local experience can be invaluable. Here’s how to use local SEO to your advantage…
Get to the top with Google My Business
When people search for terms like “estate agent” in Google, the search engine often takes into account their location and shows them relevant businesses nearby. This box appears above the main search results so if you appear here you’ll be above national firms and sites like Rightmove. It’s where you want to be!
Once your business is listed, reviews are crucial. Genuine reviews show that you’re established and trusted in your area.
Create valuable local content
Many estate agents claim to have unrivaled local knowledge, yet have nothing to back that up. Creating valuable content about your area can help you show that you really do know what you’re talking about.
Helping prospective buyers, renters, sellers and landlords out will build trust and position you as the authority in the area.
The best way to get started with creating useful content is to write answers to the questions you get asked every day. This way, you’ll know that this information is genuinely what people are looking for.
You can also answer commonly searched questions. This kind of content will help people to find you at the beginning of their search for an estate agent – putting you ahead of your competitors from the offset. A few ideas to get you started…
- Primary/secondary schools in [your area]
- What it’s like to live in [your area] – showcase all the best bits, from shops to facilities
- Property market update for [your area] – an opportunity to demonstrate your expertise
- Area 1 vs area 2 – which is right for you?
Want to get found in your area for the relevant search terms? Content Marketing is the key. We can tailor a Content Marketing package to suit your business goals and budget.
More marketing tips for Estate Agents
- Get more sellers by improving your estate agency website
- Marketing for Estate Agents – Should you be using Google AdWords?
- Marketing for Estate Agents – Make the most of Facebook advertising
- Marketing for Estate Agents – How to use analytics to your advantage
- Marketing for Estate Agents – Get ahead with clever content marketing
- Marketing for Estate Agents – Improve your email marketing results