If you’ve been wondering whether outsourced marketing could work for your business, read this guide to outsourcing your marketing.
What is outsourced marketing?
Outsourced marketing is exactly as it sounds – outsourcing your business marketing activity to a third party. An outsourced marketing team can be used in addition to an in-house team, or it could replace the need for in-house staff entirely.
Why outsource marketing activity?
There’s numerous reasons to outsource your marketing, but for most businesses it comes down to cost and effectiveness. Using an outsourced team can cost less and deliver better return on investment (ROI), as outsourcing generally gives you access to a wider pool of expertise.
What marketing activity can be outsourced?
Depending on the capabilities of the company you outsource to, you can choose to outsource all or just some of your marketing activity. For example, you can outsource all of the following marketing activities to us…
- Marketing Strategy
- Content Marketing
- Social Media marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Email marketing
- Adwords & Pay Per Click
- Online and offline advertising
- Website Design and Development
- Branding & Graphic Design
- Public Relations (PR)
What is involved in outsourcing marketing?
A good marketing agency will come up with a strategy before they start any activity on your behalf. Generally you would expect the process to be similar to the below.
- Start by understanding your business goals and auditing your current activity.
- Create a strategy for achieving your goals with marketing.
- Create a marketing plan detailing what marketing channels they will use for you to sign off.
- Implement the planned activity.
- Measure and report on results, adjust the strategy and plan going forward, and repeat!
Who is outsourced marketing for?
Outsourced marketing can be beneficial for businesses who:
- Don’t have expertise in-house.
- Already have too much to do without taking on marketing activity.
- Want to reduce spend on marketing.
- Aren’t getting results from marketing, or want to get better results.
Related blog article: Should you outsource your marketing?
How much does it cost?
The cost of outsourced marketing varies depending on how much activity you want to outsource. It can be very cost effective, and certainly much less than hiring individual marketing experts full time. We can tailor a marketing package to fit almost any budget.
How long do you have to commit for?
Generally outsourced marketing has a short term commitment. This allows you to test it out and see if it works for your business. We would recommend trialling any marketing activity for at least three months, this is long enough to start to see some results.
Are you considering outsourcing your marketing? Let’s have a chat about getting the results you desire.